Tuesday, June 2, 2009

For Starters: Current Favorites!

So let's see, I don't even know where to begin. The new blog experience is exciting, but I have to figure everything out first! I'll start by sharing some of my current favorites!

PHOTOGRAPHY

This photo is by Alicia Bock I absolutely love her photography! Her photos have a sense of nostalgia, and evoke memories of her favorite days. The coolest part is that shs is a self-taught photographer, and draws inspiration from her childhood and her own children.

I love the rustic look of this photo. It reminds me of being at my grandparent's house. They have an old shed where they keep the lawn mower and tractor. They also used to have an old bike that looked just like this one that belonged to my cousin except there was pink in place of the aqua. This photo was taken by Tim Irving. Check him out! His beautiful collections can be bought on Etsy!

Photo taken by Chelsea Fuss. She not only takes beautiful photos but has an amazing blog as well {frolic!}. She loves flowers and has an eye for "pretty little things."

STATIONERY/NOTBOOKS

These lovely paintings are done by Courtney Khail. Every element she uses to create her work are what make it unique. All of her work are hand drawn and illustrated on 100% cotton paper.I love the handcrafted look of her stationary, and the fact that they are hand done means that no two are the same! You can even get them custom made if you want a design that isnt found on her website (click here)

This stationary is produced by Night Owl Paper Goods. They are located 2 hours away from my hometown in Birmingham, Alabama. These handmade letterpress cards are "eco-chic wooden goodies" perfect for weddings, thank you notes, and personal "jotters."


These great stationary sets and notebooks are by Lotta Jansdotter. This company also puts out many other products with their prints such as bags, childrens wear and toys, and home accessories.


PRINTS AND PATTERNS

I love this swimsuit!

These prints and patterns are by designer Orla Kiely.

Prints from mocchi mocchi by Mochizuki. I love the earthy color palette and hand touched look. These card kits are wonderful in that the materials for the artwork to the packages are natural, making them 100% eco-friendly. Vegetable based ink is placed on 100% recycled paper, and the packaging is made from cornstarch.. way cool and innovative!

1 comment:

  1. Andrea, I really enjoyed your collaboration from styles and photos to fabrics and stationary. These are beautiful and reflect your own personality. I 100% agree with what you said about Country French! It's beautiful, fresh, riveting, and classy! As you know, I will be in France this summer and I'm looking foward to seeing the medieval castles we live in and what the townspeople enjoy! I'll definately keep you posted on the 2009 version of French style, and since I will be living in the country it will be the true Country French life!

    ReplyDelete