Monday, July 27, 2009

Filmtastic!

So I have a confession to make: I am a huge movie buff. If I have nothing to do, there is nothing better than popping in a movie (aside from blogging- I've actually blogged while watching a movie- multitasking) Anyways, I wanted to share with you a movie I have seen and a movie that I'm dying to see.

Julie&Julia is based off of a true story about a writer, Julie Powell, who begins blogging about reclaiming her life by cooking. She then begins a project, The Julie&Julia project: 365 days and 524 recipes. I can't wait to see how the story unfolds. I just bought the book today. I'm so exciting to read and then watch!




Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day was fabulous! The movie is set in the late 1930s, so I was loving the wardrobe! Anyways, to get on with a snippet of the story, recently unemployed Miss Pettigrew (Frances McDormand) is a very modest middle-aged woman who has lacked a love life for a very long time. Serendipity comes her way when she meets Delysia Lafosse (Amy Adams) by responding to an ad for work as a social secretary. Being a famous actress during the time, Lafosse introduces Miss Pettigrew to her world of glamour and fame. From there, Miss Pettigrew's story unfolds while having a very unique time of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment