Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Portfolio and Weaving Final

Hi everyone! Good news. If you go to the portfolio tab, you can now see a slide show of my work! Go have a look and let me know what you think! Here are some pictures of my weaving project while it was still on the loom and after completed. You can see larger images of it in the slide show as well. I made a throw and I used misti-cotton for the warp and the weft. The structure I used was a combination of the Huck structure. I had to make a 6 yd warp and do two panels on top of each other, cut the first half off and then finish the second peice. After getting it off the loom I had to wash and then join the two piece together to achieve the width of the blanket. I've been using my cozy blanket a lot given how cold it has been! I spent many hours awake working on this project and I had to overcome a lot of obstacles in the beginning, but just let me say it was all totally worth it!

In the beginning...
the warp

The weft yarn
Weave!



The end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment