Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Weaving

Today I had weaving. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this class at first, but I actually think it's going to be a very relaxing class. I hear it's a great stress reliever, and believe me, I'll have plenty of stress that will need to be relieved this quarter. I'm a little intimidated about threading the loom, but everyone says once you do it a few times, it's not so bad. I was Etsy surfing today and came across weaver Cait Throop, a.k.a. Barefootweaver. Her work is absolutely gorgeous. She has been weaving since the 70s and owns 4 looms in her home. Cait weaves scarfs, blankets, wraps, bracelets, and even neck pieces. Because of her love for color, she even dyes her own threads! I love the texture she creates with all the different materials she uses to weave. Some of the materials she uses are rayon, cotton, chenille, silk, and tensil. I admire how passionate Cait is about what she does, and it definitely shows in her work.

pretty plaid

I'm love love loving this triangle scarf. I want it!

more gorgeous color and texture!


1 comment:

  1. OMG I just came across this! Thank you for your kind comments!! xoxo Cait

    ReplyDelete