Saturday, August 15, 2009

Debut New York

As I was reading the newest issue of Lucky Magazine on the beach, I came across a section towards the back of the magazine that listed 'The Top 100 Boutiques in New York.' As I read back over them, I looked up several on the web, and one that came to my attention was Debut New York. The boutique consists of several lovely designers, and here are a couple that caught my eye.


I think these pieces are gorgeous. I absolutely love the texture, and the way each dress is draped. Inspired by Native American art, each piece is made with synthetic material, and is draped, ruched, and pleated by hand creating a beautiful piece of wearable art. A graduate from Parson's in 2007, Lana created this line as an extension of her senior thesis show. Amazing!



This collection is called 'Interlacing Thoughts'. Being a fibers major, Heather Martin's work definitely caught my eye. She incorporates interlacing and macrome techniques in this collection. I love how the textured pieces she creates is used as sort of large accessories to complete her looks. Her work is definitely exploratory between art, craft, design, and fashion.
{click images for larger view}

No comments:

Post a Comment